Starting SEO for your business can be a huge step. It takes time, money, and effort to make your website rank higher on Google. The question of whether to do it yourself or outsource a Digital Marketing Company in Florida USA. In addition, you want to get an idea of the pros and cons of SEO and it is good to know what is involved. That is why this article. We explain what SEO is and what a common approach is for whether or not to outsource SEO to an agency.
What is SEO?
The term ‘SEO’ originates from before the Google era. This is the process of optimizing a website or page to organically get higher rankings on the results page of a search engine. These used to be Dmoz, Altavista, and Yahoo, but nowadays Google, Bing, Baidu, Yandex, and YouTube are the larger search engines. A higher position is expected to lead to more organic traffic to a website. This makes SEO interesting from a commercial point of view because more traffic means more sales in many cases.
Definition of SEO
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation, which in practice is about increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to a website through organic search results.
What is the purpose of SEO?
Search engine optimization is not a goal in itself. In almost all cases, the use of SEO is intended to achieve other goals. This often has to do with business objectives. These objectives are different for each company. The most common goals are more traffic, lead generation, branding, sales, and reputation management. Hire SEO Services in Florida USA to get the best digital marketing services.
- More traffic – Aiming for more traffic usually applies to websites that live on advertising revenue. Think of newspapers and blogs. By increasing the number of organic visitors, the advertisements on the website are seen more often, are clicked on more often, and have a greater financial return.
- Lead generation – A logical second goal is lead generation. It is not so much the amount of traffic but the intention of the important user. Lead generation is often used in the Business-to-Business sector. SEO is used to be found on specific keywords.
- Branding – Search engine optimization does not only consist of keywords. It is (fortunately) more than that. It is increasingly important to improve the user experience on your website. When you are building a brand, how people experience your website is of great importance. An SEO specialist can help with this.
- E-commerce Sales – Besides lead generation, increasing e-commerce sales is the most applied (commercial) goal of SEO. The quality of the traffic that you can lead to a website by optimizing product pages is enormous. More and more people are buying online and it is expected that in 2040 about 95% of all purchases will take place online.
- Reputation Management – Last but not least, search engine optimization can be used for reputation management. This can be done for both companies and individuals. This is often used when negative news is published. Through SEO, this negative news can be pushed to the second or third page of Google, making the bad news less prominent in the search engine.
Of course, it may be that multiple goals are pursued. For example, you may very well want to generate more sales through branding. This is different for every company and is therefore not just one goal.
Hire VinraTech, the leading SEO service in Florida USA for the best on-page and off-page SEO services. It is one of the finest SEO companies in the USA.